Monday, December 17, 2007

Thoughts on football and gaming

Once again Liverpool failed to beat Manchester United. Aiseh man... throughout the match we just lacked two things against them. A little bit of quality and luck. Liverpool dominated most of the match and had a lots of shots on and off the goal, but its the finishing that matters. Manchester United just had the first shot on target and got one goal right away. Oh well, luck can be cruel, and yet it can be helpful at times. At least Liverpool is not too far from the title chase yet. Still kinda early considering its not even half of the season yet.

Okay lets move on into gaming. I have always been a game freak and this time is the first time I'm gonna rant bout it in my blog. Spend most of my time playing my PSP whenever there's time to spare. Too many games to play on the PSP, I wonder how much time to spare if there's another gaming console at my house, like a NDS, Wii, Ps2, Ps3, Xbox360...oh the possibilities are too much. I always get the best out of my gaming machine whenever possible. My PSP has been hacked numerous of time by myself, and was bricked a few times too. lol. Whats a brick you say? Thats when you reflashed your PSP and intentionally/accidently deleted the firmware/OS of your system and you get a blank screen on your PSP when you boot up. Sounds complicated for a normal soul...but yeah, thats that.

For those of you who think its boring to waste hours sitting in a public transport, waiting for your doctor, or simply to have fun ; I'd recommend you guys go get a PSP or a NDS. Remember, its more than just a gaming device...both of them can do lots of other stuff, such as going online, files storage, mp3 player, PDA functionality, movies, camera, Infrared (that means you can even use tour PSP as a remote control!) ...lots more to come in the near future.

Other forms of gaming I enjoy? Miniature gaming of course! Started of by playing Star Wars Miniatures. Pretty cool game, easy to learn, but difficult to master. Could have gone far with the game if only Hasbro didn't screw up the distribution of the game to our local game store. Now they are not willing to bring in new stocks for me and the other players to play. That kinda s*cked. Haha...anyways I found some interest in Warhammer 40k miniatures. Probably like the fact that you can customize and paint the miniatures according to your taste. The downside? $$$ (like always). Good storyline too. I loved Starcraft back in the days and WH40k does remind me a lot on that, but of course with a lot more races and all. Might look more into that someday.

I mean look at this...how fun can it be when you can control a bunch of orks on the table top?!



Cool tanks like these :




...or Cool Mechs like these!



Put them all on the battlefield and start the war!



Thats all for now. Hope I can post my own pics of my miniatures. lol. Adieu.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyyoo... cipat la show ur collections. WuuhHUUU~ ALL collections that u have in ur cupboard ok!!!

noname said...

Cool... Bring on the Warghhhh!!! The Greater Good stands ready..

davidlian said...

what greater good? Lame greater good?