Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve and Christmas Celebration review

Christmas just went over. Did you guys had a great time? Food-wise, I think I am pretty satisfied. Got to build up all the weight I've lost for the 2 weeks of horror. I'll briefly go through a recap on my church's Christmas Eve celebration.

The food was terrible indeed. Before that, I heard that they prepared food enough for 700 people. Doesn't seem like it to me. The rice was finished after around 400-500 people. The food was very much below average as well, much like some cheap Nasi Campur / Economy Rice I had in PJ. Doesn't really suit the Christmas theme that well. As expected, there are many people who came in to my church just to eat and left. Those opportunistic jackasses. We should lock the door to prevent them from hit-and-running. hahaha....

Anyways, the presentation was pretty well done. My church spend thousands on hiring lighting crews to do all the flashy disco-like lights shining all over the 2nd floor. Looks cool, the lighting was concert quality. The presentation and singing done by the Johor church group (yes, we hired some dudes over from Johor to come over) was nicely done as well. I guess they have experience with all this gig. Kudos to them. The crowd turnout was actually good, most of our own church members have to let the newcomers sit on the 2nd floor while we ourselves have to be content on watching the live video on the 1st floor.

So their program ends at 10.30pm. After that was our church dudes and dudette's turn to show the croud what they have been training all month long. The disappointing part? Many people left after that. Empty seats are everywhere. Yeah, sure there are some people who just arrived by then, but it can't cover the number of people who left the place.

And now on to my church's presentation part...It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't outstanding as well. We cancelled all the Christmas caroling we usually have every year, for everything on that night. Not worth it I think. They could do better. We spend thousands on the awesome lighting and other stuff, but I think the payoff isn't good enough. Sure there are some people who accepted Christ that night, but for how long? I prefer the caroling days. Spreading the good news of love and joy to the public. You all should know not everyone will purposely come over to church just to hear us sing. We have to go to them instead of them coming to us. We sang around houses or shopping complexes and had activities few days before the eve. The Christmas mood was there since we were building up the hype and mood few days earlier. Trust me, building up hype for a big event is always better than none. Hype is what makes people come for more, and this year there was none. Other than some simple flier distribution in certain places, and a failed one in Jusco Bukit Tinggi (as my church members were booted out of the place, which killed of many potential comers).

I miss the old times, and I hope they do that caroling thing again next year. We can do all the fancy stuff we want next year on Christmas Eve, but please bring back the hype!

To cover a rather mediocre night before, the Christmas day celebration itself was good as always. Too bad I forgot to take the free gift from my church, which was some kinda music CD. Dang. New year is coming soon and be happy! Forget all the bad and sad stuff of this year. The best is yet to come. Can't wait for Angpaus on CNY...hohoho

Remember there is football later tonight, since it's boxing day today. Liverpool better get all 3 wins for the remaining of the year! Portsmouth got walloped last week and I hope Liverpool continue their good run, with a bit of luck in their side. Talk about luck, MU and Chelsea aren't short of it nowadays. Lucky asses.

Mr.Kazuki signing off for now. Oh before that, what better way to end Christmas with some Stone Cold Stunner for Santa Claus? :D



The full video link here

No comments: