Thursday, February 21, 2008

Post New Year Rants!

Chinese new year is coming to and end...that'a means the end of angpao collection for year 2008. :/
Doesn't matter, doesn't matter...at least I had collected quite a satisfactory amount of it, had around 8 lou sangs', and eating lots of other crap along the way. Been busy visiting around, and eating all sorts of food. When I'm at home? Mainly watching football, wrestling, painting my orky army *Waaaagh!*, and catching up with the latest PSP games and also songs. That means heavy traffics of downloading stuff almost everyday. lol.

Football

Everybody is saying how Benitez will lose his job next season for Liverpool. Even though Liverpool is rather inconsistent this season, you cannot put all the blame on the managers. Liverpool is struck with pretty bad luck this season where all the injuries are mostly in the defence department. That is why they conceded many crappy goals this season. Frustrating at times, but I still have a little hope in Benitez cause he managed to beat Inter Milan. :O. Lets give him some time yea?

Dirk Kuyt scoring a vital goal against Inter Milan. Liverpool now got a 2-0 advantage!

Wrestling

"The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin" documentary just released recently, and I spend hours watching it. The DVD was packed full with matches and it's interesting to see how the wrestlers tell their side of the story behind the scenes. For most of you who don't understand why wrestling is that interesting, think of it as a live action comic. Heck, its sport entertainment. So what if all the action is choreographed?

The wrestlers put their body on the line to entertain us all. I'm sure deep down inside each of you guys out there, there is an urge of wanting to see people beating each other up. That explains the reason beat-em up/violent games such as Grand Theft Auto and Street Fighter sells so well around the globe. Wrestling is kinda popular in the U.S and Japan, but I'm one of the rare Malaysians who followed it almost every week. Celebrities are also appearing in the WWE these days.

Last year we have Kevin Federline and Donald Trump, this year we have Floyd Maywheater Jr. (best pound for pound boxer for those of you who didn't know) and many other guests. Sometimes you can see celebrities sitting in the front row watching WWE live shows.


We have Lindsay Lohan visiting WWE recently. lol.

Warhammer 40k

Orks is meant for fightin' and winnin'! When I'm free in the office I go through the rulebook and my Ork codex very thoroughly. Ideas and squad builds keep popping in my brain. I love this kinda games where it requires much thinking and planning. Brings me back to the Magic: The Gathering and Spycraft days where I could spend hours surfing the forums and reading comments and articles about it.

Hobby is a great thing to keep you busy, no? Speaking of my ork army I intend to build a Speed Freaks army, mainly themed around fast vehicles racing across the map. Fast and furious that is. And of course, red is also my number 1 colour. I hope my stuff I bought from ebay arrives soon so I can start assembling and painting my army.

Waaagh! Bikes and Trukks charge into battle


PSP

There are lots of good stuff coming to the PSP in the coming month. Hoo boy, I'm excited. But for now, there's this one-of-a-kind game that I've been waiting for quite a while and it just got released this week. It's Patapon, a game combining gameplay features of music/rhythm and strategy/role play features.

So basically you're a god trying to guide these cute looking dots(?) with a kick ass attitude to fighting the enemy. You can customize your army with many different types of infantry units, weapons and heroes. But how do you do it? By using a drum! Just follow the rhythm and beat the drum to command your units. It's rather difficult to explain the gameplay, so here's the official website complete with the gameplay video for you to know more bout it.

Patapon FTW!!


Pictures

I have uploaded more pictures of the lion dance in my office. You can check it out here.

Well, I guess thats all I can think of now. Adieu!

No comments: