Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Good start to the rat year so far

How's are ya'll Chinese New Year celebration? If there is one word that can summarize mine, its "stuffed". Yes, this season I'm totally stuffed with food. Just had my fifth round of 'lou sang' today. 3 of them are free too. lol. I wonder how much weight I have gained since I recovered from my surgery. Are your angpau's good this year? I had extras this year from my bro and people in my company. Thats nice eh? Who says working is all bad? At least it has some advantages over a student's life...but of course a student's life is still considered less stressful (if you want to).

Football
MU is not invincible this season. People were saying how Ronaldo inspire many victories for MU this season, and I must say it is mostly true. Just look at the number of goals he scored this season and you know why. If he isn't playing well, then MU isn't playing well. Just like when they face Man City at Old Trafford. The result was a shocker since most of us thought Man City wasn't good enough for Man Utd. But in football it's all about form, getting the right strategy, and luck. That is why there's always a smaller, lower division team killing off teams in the premier league in cup competitions. Look down on your opponents and you might pay the price.

Liverpool drew yet again with Chelsea. I actually predicted the 0-0 scoreline before the game started. Was a bit confident when Peter Crouch had many close chances and prayed hard for him to nudge one in. Sadly Liverpool still suffers from poor finishing and the inability to kill off any dominating games. I wish Torres would be back a.s.a.p. :(

Talk about futsal, I just can't wait to kick a ball again. IT'S BEEN 3 FREAKING MONTHS since I played. WaaaAAaagh.

Gaming
Oye! Green feva' has been strikin' me since I started 40k. Orks is da best! Orks neva lose a battle. If we die, we die fighting so it doesn't count. If we win, we win. If we run away
den we can always come back for annuvver go, see!

As Kelvin Ong pointed out last time, usually players in a game chooses a race/army/faction usually based on the preference or the similar traits shared amongst the gamers themselves.

In Magic, I always prefer to play a Red/Green deck primarily because I like to play a swarm army with a "straight to the point" attitude. I wouldn't like to be highly cunning and irritating like blue, or be fully holy/unholy as in white/black.

In Spycraft, I choose the Nine Tiger faction mainly for the sheer fun of kicking people's butt in almost any mission they want to. And partly because I like chinese martial arts. :)

Orks all da way in Warhammer 40k. At first, I did a lot of thinking on which race to choose, and I finally narrowed it down to 4 options. Number 1, the protagonist Space Marines. They look cool, easy to paint, strong and versatile. But I decided to skip it because...TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE PLAYING THEM. Next, Tau. Their armors and battlesuits shout "anime!" to me, but since Kelvin Ong is playing it, and I want more variety of races amongst my friends so I too decided to skip this one. Third is Tyranids. Mindless aliens (mostly) trying to outrun everyone in the galaxy. Sounds nasty. They are scary looking and intimidating too. But, in the end they are not that unique and lack of fluff makes me skip them.

Finally...the Orks. They are big, brutish and they live for the moment by having a Waaagh whenever they feel like it. I read some discussions in a forum and many people did suggest that Orks are actually the less "evil" one in the 40k universe. Sure, they like to bash things up and kicking everybody else's panzee backside but other than that, you cannot compare to the many stuff the Imperium has done. I heard somewhere before that those who are highly intelligent are usually more cunning, tricky, and selfish than those who have less. Orks have the happy-go-lucky attitude and always lookin' for a good fight. When you think the orcs are barbaric, they actually respect enemies who are good at fighting. But of course, anything that tries to stop them from world domination will eat their receiving end of their choppa. Besides, "dakka dakka" is one of the most original phrase I've ever heard in a game or movie. Have no idea what is 'dakka'? Just take a big noisy gun (the noisier the better!) squeeze out the trigger and thats what it is.

My waaagh is coming and no one's safe from it!

I guess thats enough rants for now. There's work to be done. And more KFC tommorow (thanks boss!) Chiao.

No comments: